Pioneer Valley Schizandra is a family owned farm growing a berry that has been called ‘One of China’s best kept secrets’: Schizandra Berry (schisandra chinensis).
Made exclusively from our berries and vines, we grow and wholesale:
- Whole-Berry Dehydrated Schizandra Berry Powder
- Whole- Berry Frozen Schizandra Berries
- Dried Schizandra Berry Leaf
ALL-USA AUDIT TRAIL, FARM-TO-PROCESSOR-TO-YOU
Renowned for thousands of years throughout Asia, schizandra berry thrives at our fifty-acre farm/vineyard in rural Massachusetts. This berry is considered one the 50 fundamental herbs of Traditional Chinese Medicine, an honor not easily bestowed.
River Bottom Soil:
- Farmers know that the best soils produce the best crops.
- Soil at the farm is known as ‘Hadley Loam’
- Called “One of the three best soils for growing in the world”
- Result of the Connecticut River overflowing its banks for thousands of years.
Farmed with Care:
- All planting, all the weeding, and all the harvesting at the farm are done by hand.
- Certified Organic since 2006
Berries Frozen on the Day of Harvest:
- preserving their highest nutritional values
- Preventing contamination by exposure to hazardous environmental factors
- Eliminating contamination during post-harvest handling
Pure Well Water:
- Dr Chang’s Farm sits over a deep aquifer of pure well water
- Used to wash berries and equipment
- Measured at 30 ppm
Dehydrated Powder Made Using State of the Art Proprietary Processing:
- Low Temperature dehydration yields superior nutritional values
- Flavor, taste and fragrance maintained
- Certified Organic Processing, Kosher Certified